Beginning your Reiki Journey
The 1st Degree Reiki class is for people interested in learning about the universal life force energy and how it can relate to their own personal health and growth. In this class you will be “opened up” to the energy in a series of attunements that align your energy centers to bring the flow of energy directly into your body whenever it is desired. You will also learn energetic protection and get a better understanding of the human energy field.
- The history of Reiki and it’s founder Dr. Mikao Usui
- Exercises to become aware of your own energy flow and sensitivities
- How to scan yourself and others to sense areas of the body in need of healing
- Meditation practices related to Reiki
- Energetic protection to keep yourself free of other’s negative energies
- The traditional Reiki hand positions for healing yourself and others
- The Chakra system, or energy centers of the body that we work with in Reiki
- Other uses for Reiki, ie: healing pets, energizing plants
I teach this class very similar to the way Reiki was passed on to me by my Reiki Master Michael Soto in what we call “Reiki and Beyond.” All of the traditional Usui method hand positions and theory is taught. Additional information about healing with Reiki that’s come forth in recent years, (especially regarding the Chakra system) is also included. We feel that this additional information is invaluable and should be taught along with traditional Reiki. The class also allows time for practice table work and time for sharing your thoughts or questions as we progress.
When are Classes Offered
Classes are taught in two full days, often on weekends, or one evening a week for four weeks. Please click on the calendar to see when the classes are offered. If these do not fit your schedule, feel free to call or email me to discuss setting up a class that accommodates your schedule. Occasionally I teach private class or a class for a couple.
Reiki I costs $300, and includes a manual and a Level I Reiki Certification upon completion. A $50 non-refundable deposit is included and is required to hold your class space. For your convenience, I do take credit cards and you may pay for your class online.